Saturday, March 3, 2012

New Beginnings

So I suppose that I should start this Blog over again. After all, seeing all of the angsty posts I made has been the bane of my existence and I'm not very good at posting. 
It is the new year! Or at least it has been for 2 months now, wow.

2012. 
(I'll be posting my progress on each of my goals throughout the year.)  


1. Lose weight:  (My goal is to lose a total of 60 pounds) Well that's going well; so far (since January 15) I've lost 20 pounds, which is a third. :) Go me! 


2. Gain patience: I really need to work on this, especially being patient with Vinny and my brothers. 


3. Practice music as much as humanly possible: Well the practicing as much as humanly possible is giving me carpal tunnel, so now that I have a brace and pain meds, I should be able to get back on track. The play is awesome! 


4. Run a 5k: Haven't been able to run lately, been practicing violin too much and sleeping too little.


5. Be involved in my family: Thanks to the play, I haven't spent much time with my family, but every chance I get I enjoy :).


6. Buy a House: Vinny and I did our taxes, so we will have some money put away to begin our savings! We need a car first though.


7. Stay on the Dean's List: So far, so good. I have 100% in all of my classes, and midterms are right around the corner.


8. Make good friends: I'm getting very close to all of my music theory friends, and it makes me very happy to be in a social setting again.


9. Work more often: I've been working an average of 20 hours a week, which is much more than I used to, and once the play is over and I have a car, I plan to work more.


10. Smile: I've been very happy. Depression keeps sticking in the back of my head and lately I've had some bad days, but I know that I'm happy. Vinny has been wonderful to me, he's been helping and caring for me on days that I struggle. I still have to remind myself of my abilities and qualities, but it's getting much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment